Single point of view SAP and infrastructure monitoring
The SAP MP solution was designed to increase the productivity of both the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager administrator and operator, providing the ability to quickly detect issues and take corrective action to avoid costly downtime.
Management packs for SAP provide availability monitoring for directly connected SAP Systems and their Application Servers. This allows IT professionals to monitor their SAP Servers according to their actual business needs, which in turn reduces the challenges they face in their day-to-day tasks.
NiCE MP NewsVIEW ALL -
- Cutting edge BlackBerry Enterprise Monitoring with Microsoft SCOM NiCE is pleased to announce t...
- Cutting edge DB2 Monitoring with Microsoft SCOM NiCE is pleased to announce the availability of...
- Get Alerts on Impacted PowerHA Systems Dear Clients and Resellers, Clusters are mainly used to ...
Monitor your SAP environment
As a system, application, and database administrator that works with SAP databases, we understand that you face three significant challenges in your role which include:
- Managing a more and more complex SAP environment;
- Diagnosing and addressing problems in real-time in your SAP ecosystem;
- Working efficiently with limited resources.
Not only do you have to work in this challenging environment, but you also have to ensure high performance and system availability of your SAP systems, as well as maintain an overall healthy IT environment.
Monitoring your SAP systems is a multi-faceted exercise and reaching optimal performance is not an easy goal. You need to know how factors such as memory, physical design and maintenance can affect performance. To tune and maintain a subsystem or instance, you should continuously monitor the entire SAP environment.
Working with System Center Operations Manager, otherwise referred to as SCOM, certainly makes it easier for you as an IT professional to monitor the health and performance of your SAP systems, but there is still a missing puzzle piece to complete the single interface view of SCOM, which facilitates the monitoring of databases, middleware and applications.
NiCE IT has joined forces with OZSoft to bring you a premium product to monitor your SAP environment efficiently and effectively. See below for more on the SAP MP for SCOM.
SAP MP for SCOM
So how does our SAP MP work?
The SAP MP was designed to integrate seamlessly with SCOM. The SAP MP has an easy to deploy architecture that does not require additional servers, proxies, or appliances to be installed. It can connect directly to standalone SAP Systems or Solution Managers with automatic discovery of all satellite systems.
This monitoring solution was designed to increase the productivity of both the Microsoft SCOM administrator and operator, providing them the ability to quickly identify problems.
Management packs for SAP provide availability monitoring for directly connected SAP Systems and their Application Servers. Additionally, CCMS alerts are forwarded to SCOM alert, preserving CCMS information through the use of custom fields. The Management Pack integrates with SAP Solution Manager Availability Monitoring based on CCMSPING. This integration is connected to other technical aspects which make this MP an effective monitoring tool.
Why our SAP MP for SCOM is better
Our SAP MP is one of the best solutions on the market to monitor your SCOM environment. The precision development of the product ensures that this enterprise ready solution will give you exactly what you need with your monitoring solution – a comprehensive, efficient and effective solution. The integration of the SAP data into SCOM gives the IT administrator the opportunity to derive more detailed data for reporting and analysis. Our SAP MP for SCOM allows you to:
Increase productivity - The SAP MP was designed to increase the productivity of both the Microsoft System Center Operations Manager administrator and operator, providing them the tools to quickly identify problems and take corrective action to avoid costly downtime
Proactive SAP Background Job Monitoring – The SAP Management Pack includes standalone SAP Background Job Monitoring functionality and integration with CCMS so that you are informed of what is happening in your SAP environment. A breakdown in communication could be quite detrimental to your business.
Seamless Solution Manager integration - The SAP MP can connect directly to stand alone SAP systems or to Solution Managers with automatic discovery of all satellite systems.
Automate your reports – The SAP MP allows you to customize your reports and then have the process automated so that you don’t need to waste time and do it manually time and time again.
What can you do with our SAP MP?
The SAP MP allows you to perform a multitude of functions that are critical in your role as system, application or database administrator. Some key functionalities include:
- Single pane of glass - Monitor and manage your whole environment from a single point of reference. This equates to efficiency and saving time and resources.
- Scalable monitoring – Optimize the configuration of your SAP systems.
- High availability – scale up the availability of your SAP systems continuously with our unique log monitoring capability. This is a critical function when availability needs to be guaranteed and improved.
- Detailed task monitoring – perform detailed task –monitoring of your SAP systems
- Reporting – generate detailed reports of exactly what is happening in your SAP environment
The SAP Management Pack features
Our SAP MP extends the SCOM view and scope. Our solution ensures fast problem isolation and identification. This ensures a good user experience and promotes productivity and reduced downtime. Below are some key features and benefits of using the SAP MP.
- Built-in failover functionality
- Automatic failover/restore
- Automatic configuration synchronization
- Heterogenous SAP Support
- Connects to SAP systems running on any platform
- Windows Server, Unix, Linux, or IBM I & z systems
- 50-200MB RAM depending on the number of connected SAP systems
The system requirements for our Oracle MP are as follows:
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 SP1, R2
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 (SP1) and 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 with .NET Framework 4.0 or later
Smart Application Monitoring You Can Rely On